Publicado el 17 December 2018
Partner & Chief Revenue Officer at Synapbox. He has adegree in Economics and a Master's degree in financial management form theWestfield Business School. After 6 years working for one of the biggestinvestment banks in Latin America – BTG Pactual, now he is leading the expansionand the revenue generation and optimization of Synapbox . He is lucky of havingexperience both corporate and Startup worlds: Corporate and financialinnovation inside BTG Pactual, and the innovative, “out of the box” andentrepreneurial spirit with Synapbox. He loves to write in his blog and also writes for Entrepeneur México.
1. What does South Summit mean for you? How was the experience?
I feel excited every time I have the opportunity to get on astage to talk about Synapbox, and the dream we have about disrupting the marketresearch industry. That was exactly South Summit for me: An exciting spacewhere I met amazing people, made great connections and had a blast in abeautiful venue.
2. Why did you decide to participate in the competition?
Because it was the perfect scenario to make new connections,especially with European potential clients. Any event of this size is a 'must'for us because we have the opportunity to talk about our product and how we arechanging an improving the way companies do consumer intelligence.
Also, because we love to participate and win in Startupscompetitions :)
3. Why did you decide to start your business and how did you come up with the idea?
The business started because our CEO (Cristina de La Peña) andour CIO (Camilo Salazar) joined forces and they saw an opportunity to improvethe old and inefficient ways some companies so market research studies andconsumer intelligence.
Cristina came up with the idea when she was studyingarchitecture in Paris and working with neuromarketing technologies applied tothis field. She saw a potential opportunity to use these same technologies andprinciples into the market research industry.
4. Why your company is useful for the user?
Because we improve the time, the cost, the efficiency and theaccuracy of market research studies. With Synapbox, companies can have valuableinsights on how their consumers are interacting with their digital contents ina fast, remote, scalable and reliable way.
5. How did you feel when you knew you were winners?
Excited and grateful, because every time we receive a prize likethis one, it’s a reminder that at Synapbox we are doing the correct things andbuilding something that will make a big impact. These prizes are an amazingreminder and motivator to keep working hard and smart until we become themarket leaders and we disrupt the industry
6. What do you think it will happen in the future of startups?
They will keep changing and improving the world. Ecosystemsaround the globe will become more mature, and regions like Latin America willkeep proving that the only disruptive startups are not exclusive to SiliconValley.
7. What advice would you give to those who want to participate in South Summit?
1) Prepare your pitch in advance and practice it a lot. Don’tuse boring slides with a lot of information, try to be direct and concise withyour message and with the value your company is delivering to the market. 2) try to schedule as many meetings aspossible with investors and potential clients and 3) have fun.
8. What does being an entrepreneur mean for you?
As Ray Dalio says, “ Meaningful work + meaningful relationships= happiness”.
Being an entrepreneur means being able to look for these twofactors and try to be an infinitelearner every day of my life.
9. What´s your dream in life?
I have a lot of dreams. For the moment, I could say one of thoseis to be invited to the Madrid South Summit in 2019 and become one of the winnersagain :)