Once again this year, South Summit 2022 has broken records with more than 3,000 applications for our startup competition. A committee, made up of renowned investors and innovation experts, has been in charge of selecting the 100 finalist startups of our Startup Competition that will be presented from 8 to 10 June at La Nave, Madrid.
The selection has been carried out through a rigorous process in which the classification has been marked by criteria such as: the level of innovation of the startup, scalability, internal growth potential, investment capacity and the characteristics and values of the human team that makes up the startup.
The perfect space to showcase projects
South Summit is a space full of possibilities to make connections where entrepreneurs make their projects visible to thousands of eyes that mark the ecosystem of entrepreneurship and innovation.
The selected startups will have the opportunity to showcase their projects through live pitches. This is key to transmit their potential, excite and attract the attention of key players in the ecosystem such as investors, corporations and industry leaders.
Finalists South Summit Madrid 2022
The competition brings together projects from all over the world. Most of the finalists are national, coming from Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia. The other half will come to the capital from 29 different countries.
The finalist startups in the competition belong to the main leading industries. The hundred or so startups organized by industry that have qualified for the South Summit Madrid edition and, therefore, will be exhibiting their projects from 8 to 10 June at La Nave, are:
- Comms & Channels: Alana AI, AR Vision, Cloudware SL, inSTREAMLY, Quantic Brain, Streamion, Syntonym Limited, Virtual Zone, Wedio
- Connectivity & Data: Appentra Solutions, FOSSA Systems, Opticks Security, Formaloo, RepScan Technology, swiDch, Decentriq, CUX, PiperLab.
- Consumer Trends: ColorSensing, DSruptive, HarBest Market, Hamelyn, Hamwells, INSTTANTT, katch, Siga, ZEG.ai.
- Digital Business: BizAway, Citibeats, Kotozna, Last.app, Napptive, Parallel, SLANG, Usyncro (Blockchain Customs), TramitApp.
- Education: Bcas, Bemyvega, Classlife Education, Singularity Experts, Vocal Image, Wrtn Technologies, Lifecole, MobieTrain.
- Energy Transition & Sustainability: APlanet, EPowerlabs, Plexigrid, Ryp Labs, Star Robotics, VEnvirotech, WeGaw, PowerUp.
- Fintech & Insurtech: Apres, bsurance, Colibid, Nemuru, Payflow Digital, Twinco Capital, Vitaance, Uelz.
- Health & Wellbeing: A4cell, Cyber Surgery, Finnadvance, Hyfe, Marsi Bionics, Sentient Med, Time is Brain, Tucuvi, Integra Therapeutics, Nucaps Nanotechnology.
- Industry 5.0: Arkadia Space, Cubex Global, Cubic Fort, KIT-AR, MiFood Robot, Nextmol, SimpleCloud. Ororatech.
- Mobility & Smart Cities: EVA, MOLABO, Pangea Aeroespace, Postis, Road.Travel, SimpliRoute, Skandal Technologies, Zeleros, heyCharge, TechMox.
Of these promising startups, 3 out of 10 are in the market and generating traction; 54% are in the early stage and 18% are in the seed stage, still a prototype.
#UnicornHunters 🦄: Searching for the next unicorn
At South Summit we have been supporting innovative projects that revolutionize their respective sectors for 10 years. Since 2012 we have discovered 12 unicorns, including the mobility technology service, Cabify, the first Spanish startup to enter the “Unicorn Club” and which currently moves more than 70 million trips per year.
Another of our success stories, Glovo, the company that has revolutionized the world of delivery, was a finalist in our 2016 edition. The company is now present in more than 29 countries and 200 cities around the world.
Job And Talent was a finalist in our 2013 edition. The platform was launched in 2009 to match job offers with potential demand. In less than three years it raised more than 67 million euros.
Like them, companies such as Devo, Spotahome, Typeform, Fintonic, Playgiga, Aircall, Wallbox and Bnext have become unicorns and, with that, benchmarks for all those entrepreneurs who make up the ecosystem.
The entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem is in full revolution and, at South Summit, we play a key role as a creator of connections between the main players in this ecosystem. In our 10th anniversary we have a goal, “Decoding Complexity”, to bring the ecosystem as a whole closer to the great technological changes, the dizzying speed of innovation and the great challenge of fighting climate change, always from an innovative vision where we find the answers in the most groundbreaking solutions.
Do you want to be part of the largest ecosystem meeting? We look forward to seeing you at our 10th anniversary from 8 to 10 June at La Nave, Madrid.